A few years back Tuesdays were my day. I’d go to work, head off to class, and come home late. Doesn’t sound like fun to you? Well…. after 8 is when the real fun begins, people.
TUESDAY NIGHT MOVIE NIGHT.
Every Tuesday night my roommate Ana and I would convene at 9 pm for the most fun you’d ever have on weeknight. Are you ready for this? I used to record, ON A VCR, back to back episodes of Gilmore Girls…
…and One Tree Hill.
You have never seen so much teenage angst and drama!
Some highlights from Tuesday Night Movie Night:
– embarrassing and awkward teen moments were cause for hiding in our hoodies
– random friends and neighbors would join in the fun, always without regret
– Tuesday Night Movie Night was a perfect excuse for chocolate chip cookies
– Quality roommate hang out time? Priceless.
I can’t explain the good fun surrounding my memories of Tuesday Night Movie Night. It was more than just TV. In fact, Tuesday Night Movie Night turned TV into quality relationship building experiences. And we were invested in those characters, let me tell you. I’d give my right kidney for Rory Gilmore if she asked. Maybe not for Mouth McFadden. But for Rory? YES.
The glory days are simply over. And here’s why:
– the WB changed its name to the CW. seems like kind of a waste of letter rearranging, if you ask me.
– Gilmore Girls no longer exists in the world of new television.
– Ana and I are no longer roommates – which is good, I guess, since she’s married now.
But we will always have Tuesday Night Movie Night.
And I still have One Tree Hill, Tuesdays at 8 on the *new* CW.