June 21, 2008. A recap:
- The longest day of the year – in Anchorage that meant 19 hours and 22 minutes of glorious sunlight.
- Attended an outdoor concert – a blast from the past a la 1997.
- Resisted the call to “let summer into my heart.” Made a mental note never to go wherever that guy came from.
- Almost got caught in the middle of a drunken brawl.
- Witnessed an actual person smoking actual marijuana in actual public.
- Stood for 4 hours straight in excellent company.
- Finished the night with an ‘Island Hopper’ night cap and a fire. Noticed the 11:30 pm “darkness”..
- Also noticed the all too obvious lack of short sleeve attire.
And to summer I say, “Running behind schedule, are we? You know the solstice is supposed to be your grand entrance… Whenever you decide to show up – we’ll be waiting.”